Tuesday, 1 August 2017

August?! What the...?! How the...?!

Hey everyone! Wow, I can't believe I haven't posted in over a month, and now it's already August. August?! Where has the time gone?!

What have I done over the past month and a bit?? To be honest, not a great deal. I think there's been a lot of mental-emotional stuff that I needed to sort out, especially in the wake of the conflict with the housemates and all that (which, by the by, has all been resolved, and it turns out the boys weren't even angry with me beyond the day of the blow-up itself, grr, argh). And Other Nick has decided he will be staying in this house, to my relief, happiness and chagrin. Heh. Anyway.

I've mostly been trucking along, keeping afloat, but without accomplishing much. Not entirely true; I did take on the challenge of being the keyboardist for a production of Heathers: The Musical at Murdoch Uni, which was a bit of a struggle because a) I'm not adept at playing other people's music; b) I didn't have prior knowledge of the music from the show; and c) I was brought in as keyboardist on the Sunday before Thursday's opening night. Argh! Talk about stressful! But it all worked out well enough in the end, and I managed to (mostly) fumble my way through the score, and all in all, it was a good experience that made me think I should consider playing in more musicals (other than my own). We'll see.

Getting ready for opening night!
With the cast, crew and musicians of 'Heathers'
What else? Ummm. Ugh. Can't think of much else that has happened. Been spending some time with Carol and Scott (yaaay!), including one Saturday where Carol gave me a free haircut using the shaving kit I'd bought sometime back, arf arf! She did a really nice job, actually!!! And just last weekend we had a lovely (albeit small) steamboat dinner with Bernie at the Plottkes' home (where I've been housesitting up until today; final night will be tomorrow, thankfully! Three months really is a long time to be housesitting, haha! But it's been fun.)

The haircut adventure!
Carol, Scott and steamboat!
Anyway. I really ought to get my head back into focus on this supposed PhD that I'm meant to be doing. I use the words 'supposed' and 'meant to' because it feels like it's such a distant non-priority to me right now, which is problematic, of course. Fingers crossed I'll be able to sort myself out soon and get back on top of my studies and research. Wish me luck. In the meantime, I'm being sidetracked by finally catching up on the Harry Potter movies with my mates Justin and Claire, and marathoning Game of Thrones (which I'm quite enjoying).

One of the Harry Potter nights at Justin's and Claire's.
All right, that's about all for now. Till my next post...! See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!