|Reunited and it feels so good!|
Speaking of theatre, I've just come off an eight-performance run of Four in Fifty in Perth for the Fringe World Festival, of course! It went mostly successfully, I'm happy to report: in fact, we were even nominated for a Fringe World Theatre Award, which, when you consider that there were/are literally hundreds of events going on in the festival, is quite a nice accomplishment. We also had some very positive feedback from audiences, including phrases like:
- "masterful, funny storytelling with a stellar cast";
- "...outstanding! The musicians and the performers were all top notch... extremely entertaining";
- "Four insightful stories with unique perspective. Beautiful voices and music. This is the type of experience that makes Fringe sooo amazing";
- "Really thought provoking, really wonderful. Melodies that are going to be stuck in my head for days ... many laughs and tears in the audience", and
- "Fantastic show! Terrific score and solid performances by all. A must see for all musical lovers"
(I swear these weren't just from my friends, arf arf!)
...as well as a glowing review: http://www.stagewhispers.com.au/reviews/four-fifty.
|Pic by Taylor Gilbert|
|Pic by Jamie Breen|
So we ended the final show on Saturday night and then I hung out with my housemates-that-could-have-been, Mechanic Guy Rhett and his friend Kristina, which was fun. Unfortunately the show itself ended rather unceremoniously since we didn't have a proper after party or anything, but that's okay. It's not the last we'll see of Four in Fifty, especially not after the Fringe nomination (results of the awards will be announced at the end of this month). But right now, I'm just going to try to make the best of my time back home, catch up with friends (which have thus far included Stephanie and Peter; Alvin & Karynn, and Terry and I hung out yesterday); and just focus on the next couple of projects that I have lined up.
So until my next update... here's a couple of the promo clips I shared to publicise Four in Fifty. Enjoy!! More to come... :)